Animation can help connect your message to your target audience in ways that stick with them – ways that other types of videos don’t. They’re fun to watch, people retain more information, and you can generate a lot of buzz and excitement around your business and maybe even go viral.
Tools for Creating Aminated Videos
Creating animated videos is easier today than ever. There are many online tools that you can use – way more than the ones we’re talking about here. Just do a search on Google to find more animated video-making tools than you probably even realized exist. Many are super-easy and only require a few clicks to get it done.
* Animaker.com – This software has several popular animated video styles to choose from. It’s easy to use and can start as low as $19.00 per month to make short animated videos that you can use in your marketing efforts.
* Moovly.com – This software is amazing for making animation videos, intros, outros and more using animation. You can just choose a template, or you can start from scratch. You simply drag and drop and then export and you’re done. You can start free, but it’ll have a watermark. Alternatively, you can simply pay for the Moovly Pro account for less than $25 a month to try it out.
* GoAnimate.com – This professional animated video software is simple to use. You can even go to one of their weekly webinars to learn more information about it and how to use it. They have a free trial so that you can test it out to see if you can use it easily enough.
* Bitable.com – This is another easy-to-use online software tool that enables you to make animated videos fast. You can try it out free. Then if you like it you can upgrade it to about 100 dollars per year. They even have tools to let you publish directly to YouTube and Facebook, or you can download your videos and use them how you want.
Try some of these animation tools to see if any of them will work for you. It’s likely that you’re going to find it a lot easier than you thought. Before you know it, you’ll have your animated videos out there doing the marketing for you.
Tips for Creating Animated Video
Now that we’ve hopefully inspired you to create an animated video, it’s time to plan the video out. The video should be complete from start to finish. Don’t even try to record until you’re done planning it.
* Short Is Better – Before you even create the video, remember that shorter is better when it comes to animated videos. You want to be crystal clear on the message you want your audience to hear before you start, so that you can keep it short and to the point while also being creative.
* Consider Your Audience – Will your audience appreciate an animated video to teach them something or tell them something? Will it make them laugh? Will it make them remember the message better? Will it make them think of your products and services?
* Think of Your Branding – Before you create your video, you need to think about whether an animated video will fit your branding or not. If it will, then you need to think of things like fonts, colors, and characters that help spread brand awareness and make the most of the short video you’re going to create.
* Create a Storyboard – When you want to create an animated video, you want to ensure you don’t forget any part of it. The best way to do this is to create a storyboard, which is essentially a template of scenes that you want to use to ensure that you don’t miss any point of your story.
* Develop Your Script – Once you have the outline or storyboard done, you can write your script. In each box of your storyboard, write down what you want to say that fits the scene. You may realize you’ve skipped some scenes at this point; if so, just add them in to make the story complete.
* Create – Once you have it all worked out and finalized, only then do you want to use the software you’ve picked to make your animated video. In this way, you don’t waste time using trial and error, expensive software, and time to put together something that doesn’t flow well or make sense.
Using these tips is the best way to get started with animated videos for marketing purposes and create an amazing animated video that gets results. Plus, animated videos are a great way to be behind the scenes while still creating effective marketing videos if you’re too camera shy to appear on them. In fact, some studies show they convert better than normal talking head videos anyway.
Next time, we’ll give tips and tools for using PowerPoint slides to make marketing videos.
Thanks For Reading!